We have the pleasure of writing, designing and managing the weekly internal newsletter for Selecta Group – a leading food tech company with a self-service distribution network in Europe, offering innovative convenience food services and world-class quality coffee brands in the workplace and public spaces.
To produce an electronic newsletter in five different languages and include a multitude of different informative and engaging stories including an introduction written from the perspective of their CEO, latest business wins, sustainability stories and feel-good team highlights – which often reflect the achievements and career journeys of their people.
To build each edition of the newsletter for Selecta we followed a tried and tested process using their preferred comms systems ….
- INSPIRE: Using our dedicated Selecta Trello board*, the Head of Comms at Selecta uploads their latest news, links to stories of interest, photos, interviews, stats – anything that gives us ideas and inspiration for the week’s content.
- WRITE: Once the 3-5 stories are planned out, and we’ve had any necessary conversations with the client, we begin writing.
- PROOF: Once we’ve finished writing the stories and CEO column, we ensure it has been proofread and copyedited where needed.
- SHARE: The content is then shared with the client. Once approved, we upload it to the Trello board for our designers and send it off for translation to an external partner we/Selecta work with.
- CREATE: Our designers create the newsletter using a template in Bananatag. This includes a banner, dividers and often features photographs provided by Selecta. Sometimes we have special editions dedicated to a specific team/country.
- FINISHING TOUCHES: The translated versions then get flowed in, to ensure all of their employees around Europe feel included and connected.
- SEND: We share the newsletter on Bananatag and it gets distributed by the client!
An example of the finished newsletter …