You mean other than the live music, tasty local food and good times with old buddies and new friends? Where do I sign up?
Actually there’s a lot more to this awesome event than fun and frolics alone.
Comms Unplugged is an opportunity to connect and develop in a unique setting. The first event of its kind, a public sector comms person’s retreat to chat, listen and learn away from the distractions of phones, email, Wifi and tech. There’s an overnighter in a beautiful campsite in Dorset too – the amazing Burnbake site in a secluded woodland location on the stunning Jurassic Coast.
Downtime in Dorset to get you (camp) fired up at the comms retreat of the year
Comms and PR has emerged in UK research as one of the most stressed industries to work in. Taking some quality learning and development time out to re-energise offers a bundle of health and well-being benefits. And it could also spark a fresh new approach to your work and career.
Glorious moments will be made when you pitch up to Comms Unplugged
- You can choose the sessions which appeal most, making it an entirely personalised experience.
- You’ll have the time to connect with old friends and meet some fab new people too.
- Relaxing and spending time in the great outdoors will soothe your body and soul.
- Unplugging from technology for a short while will give your brain a break too.
- You’ll have the chance to bring a bottle, listen to some epic live music and sleep under the stars.
- Comms Unplugged is a not for profit event. Should it turn a profit, a donation will be made to a very deserving local charity.
When we were asked to get involved by the small but mighty team of Comms Unplugged organisers we were stoked. And now, having designed and created the event branding and website, we’re enjoying the incredible buzz and loving seeing the plans come together.
Unwind, go dark, think deep and connect with carefree abandon
The event takes place on 15 and 16 September – speakers and workshops will be announced soon and will involve everything from inspiring talks and woodland walks to wellbeing sessions and much needed time in the ‘vent tent.’
Around 100 tickets will shortly be available and judging by the interest so far, they won’t be about for long.
If you’re lucky enough to grab yourself a ticket we look forward to seeing you round the comms campfire!
In the meantime, you can keep an eye out for news and updates by signing up here.